ABC+ Project: My TV School!, Philippines
In response to Covid-19 school closures in the Philippines, Brattle Education and RTI collaborated with local experts to create an educational series to provide literacy instruction to children in Grades 2 and 3. My TV School! Story Corner, sponsored by USAID and the Philippine Department of Education, used accessible media formats, such as television and radio, to provide remote learning opportunities.
- Worked in partnership with Research Triangle International (RTI) and several Philippine partners to create a multinational team of experts— including local production teams and language experts.
- Developed a scope-and-sequence of literacy skills for second-language learners and aligned these skills to ABC+ literacy components previously distributed in-country.
- Conceptualized and created 30 television scripts, using research-based strategies that combined literacy and television-based instruction.
- Worked closely with local teams to include bridging strategies from mother tongue to English.
- Reviewed rough cuts and provided post-production quality-assurance reports to maintain the integrity of the instructional design.